Micromax has added three new Canvas phones to its Canvas Fun series. These phones run on Android 4.2.2 packed with many features, Canvas Fun series includes A76, A74, A63 phones currently and yes in future Micromax may add few more smartphones in this series. For more detailed information , you can check out our depth review on these phones here.
I would love our users to read Micromax Android Rooting FAQs for getting more information on rooting and find out answers to many Frequently asked questions.
Also Check: Micromax Android Rooting Guidelines & Queries
Pre requisite before rooting you Canvas Phone :
- You need a minimum knowledge about Android which you can find out from the link provided above.
- You need to backup your data and files , if any case a damage occurs , you will have your files backed up. Since rooting has a lil risk we recommend backing up data ,apps and Messages . There is a 10% chance you might mess up your device. Use Backup Apps.
- You need minimum of 75% Battery in your phone.
- You need to activate “USB Debugging mode”. Go to settings> Developer Options > Android Debugging. Some devices have this option locked. You can unlock it by double tapping on “build number” option that can be found under settings > about phone.
Now will we move over to Rooting Canvas Fun series phone, The rooting procedure is same for all the phones in this series.
We hold no responsibility if you damage your phone by not following our steps.
Which app are we using here?
We are using “Framaroot” an one-click application to install Superuser and su binary on phone.
NOTE: There are different recommended versions of framaroot with which we tested the rooting procedure. SO We recommend downloading framaroot from our links below.
Also Check: How to Root Micromax Canvas Fun A63
Framaroot Download links
For Micromax A74 Canvas Fun , Downloading recent framaroot will work well for this device. [Download]
For Micromax Canvas A76 Download framaroot app from this link.
Now we can head over to the main steps
- Download Framaroot from links above for your respective phone.
- Enable USB debugging.
- Install Framaroot as a normal APK , some device needs to enable installing from “Unknown Sources”. Enable by going to settings>Security>tick Unknown Sources.
- After Installing framaroot , open it.
- Important Step: Choose SuperSU from menu and then choose “BOROMIR” in second step.
- A Popup may come asking about a final confirmation , click OK.
- Then reboot/restart your device. ( MUST)
After reboot we have rooted our device. To be sure of it, try to find SUPERsu App in your app drawer. To know more about SUPERSU/superuser follow our Micromax Android Rooting Info page. If you’ve any doubt leave a comment below.
You can also download Root checker from playstore and check it yourself.