Yu is coming with something big this time. We had already communicated with our readers about Yu’s plans in launching a high-end device on September 8, most probably YU 5050 is going to be launched. The specifications and estimated price has already been leaked online. We were about to post the details on our site a week back but we were not 100% confirmed about this and now We have got few more information to share.
This new device is going to equip the Snapdragon 810 processor and the RAM parts needs a confirmation as on Geeksbench 4GB is mentioned while few sites have mentioned it to be 3GB. It could be like the device will be available in two variants one with 3GB RAM and other with 4GB RAM, not sure we will confirm about this or you will get to know the details on the launch date. The details are mentioned on Geeksbench browser on this page and Antutu has also this device listed with the score.
As per the details on Antutu, the device is going to feature whooping 21MP rear Camera. The phone will be based on CynogenMod latest version 12.1 (Android Lollipop 5.1). The processor is clocked at 1.55GHz, It might have been under-clocked to avoid the heating issues that might occur if they would clocked it at a larger frequency.
The device has a 5.2 inch screen with 2560 x 1440 pixels screen resolution, the rear camera is of 21MP while the front one is of 8MP.
Below is the AnTuTu leak of YU5050 listing the basic specs details of the device.
Let’s sum up the details that we have with us about this device:
- 5.2 inch screen with Quad display (2560 x 1440 pixels).
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system based on Cyanogen.
- RAM 3GB/4GB, internal storage of 32GB with no call of external storage (Confirmation needed on this as well).
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor (Chipset MSM8994), Adreno 430GPU.
- 21MP rear camera + 8MP front camera.
- Battery Capacity : Not known yet.
The device was also seen on Zauba as imported to India, the unit price mentioned on the website is Rs. 20.5K (Approx). The device is expected to be available in the price range (22-25K). For more information, you can refer to the below screenshot of the import details of the device.
If the above specs comes out to be true, then there is going to be a tough competition with One Plus 2 device, Below is the overview of the specifications of One Plus 2:
- 5.5 inch screen with Full HD display (1920*1080), 401ppi pixel density.
- Snapdragon 810 processor clocked at 1.8GHz, GPU: Adreno 430.
- 3GB RAM for 16GB internal memory variant and 4GB RAM for 64GB internal memory variant.
- Oxygen OS based on Android 5.1 Lollipop.
- 3300mAh LiPo battery.
- 13MP Rear and 5MP front camera.
Yu’s device is expected to be launched tomorrow in the event. The portable wireless speaker Yubic and Yu’s powerbanks are also expected to be launched tomorrow. Yesterday Yupix the smart photo portable printer was also launched. We will be posting out all the details so keep checking our blog.
UPDATE: YU5050 is named as Yutopia and it is going to be launched this October 2015.