Micromax Canvas Knight is the first flagship device of Micromax packed with such an amazing bunch of features and specs. Micromax recently released the new KitKat update for the Canvas Knight. The update is available OTA and the users can update from jelly bean to Kitkat from their phone.
If you want to update your phone from the settings option follow: Settings–>About Phone–>System Updates–>Check–> Tap Yes.
Do reboot your phone once before trying out the above method.
Please Note: Do take a backup of your device as updating manually will format your internal storage.
Update Canvas Knight to Android Kitkat Manually
Before we go ahead there are few things you need to download:-
And make sure your device has at least 75% + and you have enabled USB Debugging, if not, go to Settings–>About phone—>tap the build number 4-5 times and that will enable Developer Settings in case it is not present by default.
We should not be held responsible if you accidentally brick your device. Follow the steps carefully and let us know if you’ve any question in the comment box present below.
How To update?
- Pull out the device battery and turn off the phone.
- Extract the Stock ROM and SP flash tools to your PC.
- Right click on Flash_Tool.exe in SP flash tools folder and run it as administrator.
- Click on the scatter loading option and go to ROM folder and select “Android_scatter_emmc.txt” .
- Now Connect up your device to your PC via USB Cable.
- SP Tool will detect your phone after that click on the Download Button and the process will start.
- After the process is complete, a green ring will appear on the screen.
In this way you can upgrade your canvas knight manually to kitkat OS. Let us know if you have any questions.