Micromax Canvas HD is one of the most popular smartphone among Canvas range. It’s quite strange to note even after the launch of upgraded smartphones like Canvas Doodle 2 and Canvas 4 this smartphone is still ranked the most favorite one among all. Not to forget this is one of the smartphone which went out of stock after its release for a long long time. We received lots of queries regarding the rooting guide for canvas HD so here we present the easiest and one of the fast way to root canvas HD A116.
Before you start following the rooting guide, do read the FAQs which will help you to clear out some of your doubts.
- Will I lose warranty?
Yes. You will but You can Unroot it and claim back or flash stock ROM with SPTools. This is a plus point of Canvas devices. 😀
- I rooted But my Android OS Version is still the same?
Well , rooting wont upgrade your OS , but rooting and installing recovery and flashing an upgraded version of OS will (Stay tuned for a guide of installing recovery and updating through it)
So this is the most easiest way of rooting your Canvas provided by us.
Micromax A116 Canvas HD Rooting Requirements
What You need ?
Also Some readers reported that ‘motochopper’ does not work. If it doesn’t, then install Moborobo. It installs drivers for MT6589 based devices. Then use motochopper.
2. Phone 😛
3. Motochopper , this is a script based fast tool for rooting your device.
[Steps] How to Root Micromax Canvas HD Device
- Install the drivers and restart.
- Then connect the phone to PC as MTP (Media Storage) and enable USB debugging (settings–>Developer Options–>USB Debugging).
- Extract the Motochopper tool archive somewhere.
- Run the motochopper tool now(Click on run.bat). Wait for it. It will reboot the phone automatically and it’s done.
*Be sure to run it as admin.*
After this, You will find a Superuser application in your app drawer. Note Your phone is now fully rooted and you have full access over it.
Also Check : Micromax Canvas HD Specifications Review
Now we’ll guide you how you can Unroot your device. Unrooting may let you claim the warranty back iff the officials aren’t able to encounter that you rooted your phone in past.
How to Unroot Micromax canvas HD
- Open SuperSU app
- SuperSu > Settings > Full Cleanup
- Manually reboot.
If You’ve any kind of doubt related to the rooting stuff listed above, kindly comment below this post. We will answer asap.