Micromax Canvas HD Plus A190 is the first phone by Micromax featuring the hexa core chipset. It packs up quite a good combination of hardware specs including a Hexa-core processor from MediaTek. It operates up on Android Kitkat 4.4.2 coupled with 1GB RAM and 5 inch display with gorilla glass protection.
Before going ahead, We would like to point out the fact that rooting voids warranty however one can unroot the device to claim it back.
Also Check: Micromax Canvas HD Plus A190 price comparison
Why to root?
Our Android devices can do various wonders, but for all those there is a necessity called ROOT. We need to root our device to do all the awesome mods. Rooting is a basic process which helps us to gain administrative rights which are further needed up by specially written apps to do all the different mods available.
Most of the people think that rooting will damage their device, but there is nothing like that. It is true that one loses the warranty, but you can always flash the STOCK ROM and get back your phone as it was on the first boot, also we’ll like to make one thing clear that Rooting alone won’t help, it just provides you the Superuser access which is needed for after mods.
So before we proceed towards the process of rooting you would need to download these few goodies:
- MTK USB Drivers For Micromax devices(Only If not installed)
- SP Flash Tools
- Scatter File
- Root File
- MTK Droid Tools
And ensure your device has at least 75% + battery and you have enabled USB Debugging. If not go to setting>About Phone>Tap the build number 4-5 times and that will enable developer settings.
Settings–>Developer Options–>enable USB debugging.
We should not be held responsible if you brick your device by following our guide. If you’ll carefully follow the steps mentioned below you can root your device without any problem. Drop a comment below this post if you’ve any questions.
Root Guide for Micromax A190 Canvas HD Plus
- Install the USB Drivers If they are not already installed on your PC.
- Copy the root file on your device’s internal memory, don’t keep it in any folder just let it be there.
- Pull out the device’s battery, and while it’s turned off connect it to your computer via USB cable.
- Extract out all the files of SP flash too, and double click on Flash_Tool.exe to open it.
- Load up scatter file by clicking on scatter button and select the file you just downloaded and then return back to read back entry.
- Click on “Add” and tap on added read back entry.
- Select any path or directory to save up the file and then click OK, then write 0x03d80000 in length and click ok.
- Now click on read back and take out the battery of the phone and connect it to the computer using USB Cable and wait for it to complete up.
- Once you see a green circle on screen, close SP tools and Turn on the phone.
- Now Run the MTK Droid tools which you downloaded and it will detect the phone.
- In MTK droid tools click on “Root, Backup and Recovery” tab.
- Click on “To process file ROM_from Flash tool”.
- Locate the file you got from read back and select it and click on make CWM automatically.
- Now wait up again, once completed you will get a SP Flashable backup in MTK droid tools/backup.
- Now open SP Tools again and click on Recovery tab and select the CWM Recovery made by MTK Droid Tools.
- Click on download button there will be a warning popped up, but don’t worry about it.
- Now all you have to do is boot up into recovery and you can do that by pressing and holding Volume up+Volume down+power key simultaneously. Then select the recovery mode and select install ZIP from SD card and then use the volume rockers to scroll up and down and power button to make a selection.
- Select the Root file you placed in your phone.
Having any trouble following our guide? Let us know via a comment below.