Micromax Flagship Canvas Knight is an Android 4.4.2 Kitkat device. It is packed up with quite a good specification and is a great device. Before proceeding ahead, I would like to inform one thing that Rooting voids warranty, but once rooted you can unroot it anytime.
Rooting has been always something confusing for all new users, but by following the guide below you can successfully root your device.
Why to root? Read Rooting FAQs
Our Android device can do a lot of awesome things, but for all of them the basic necessity is to ROOT our devices. Rooting is a process which helps us to gain Administrative access which further helps to modify system core files.
Most of the people believe that rooting their devices will damage it and they’ll end up losing warranty, although it’s true that one loses the warranty of the device, but one can always flash up STOCK ROM of their device and get back the device as it was at first boot, also many people say that they rooted up their device, but nothing happened, so I would like to point up a fact that rooting alone won’t help your device to do wonders but it helps you to give SUPERUSER Access which is required for special written apps.
So before proceeding towards the way to root your Canvas Knight, here are few goodies you need to download.
And make sure your device has at least 75% + battery and you have enabled USB Debugging, if not, go to Settings–>About phone–>tap the build number 4-5 times and that will enable Developer Settings in case it is not present by default.
To access Developer Options, Follow: settings–>Developer options.
How To Root Micromax A350 Canvas Knight ?
- Install the USB drivers if they are not already installed on your PC.
- Extract out the files from root package.
- Now Extract SP Flash tools and run Flash_Tool.exe to open it.
- Then click on the scatter loading button and select scatter file by name “MT6592_Android_scatter.txt”.
- This will load up a new region below with lot of check boxes, un-check all other except “Recovery”.
- Click on recovery and select the recovery.img which you can find in the Root package.
- Now pull out your device’s battery and then connect it to the computer via USB Cable.
- Click on the Download button, there will be a warning popped up, but you can simply ignore that, a green ring will appear on the ring and congratulation you successfully installed recovery on your device.
- Now reboot your device and transfer SuperSU file to it.
- Boot up into recovery by holding all three buttons together i.e Volume Up+Volume down+Power button. Then select recovery mode and select install ZIP from SD card and then use volume rockers to navigate and power key to confirm.
- Select the SuperSU.zip that you placed in your device and reboot your device.
So, this is the root guide for canvas knight running on Kitkat OS. Please don’t try this method for the knight device running on Jelly bean. Let me know if you have any questions.