Micromax Canvas 2 is one of the best phones ever released by Micromax, it is the device which helped Micromax to become a renowned brand. It operates on Jellybean and has quite a good hardware specification packed up in the device. Before going ahead I’ll like to inform that Rooting voids warranty, but once rooted you can unroot it anytime to get the warranty back.
Rooting confuses most of the new users out there, but with the help of following guide you can successfully root your device.
Why to root your Micromax device?
Our Android can do wonders, but to perform these wonders there is a basic magic which we need and that is Rooting. Rooting is a process which helps us to gain the superuser access which is needed for special apps such they can modify the system core files.
Most of people believe that rooting will damage their devices and they’ll lose their device’s warranty, but its nothing like that although it is true that you lose up your device’s warranty but we can flash up STOCK ROM and get back your device as it was at first boot, also I’ll like to make it clear that rooting alone won’t do anything it gives you the superuser access that is necessary for after-mods.
So now we’ll proceed towards the way you can root up your device, but before we go ahead you need to download some following things.
And make sure your device has at least 75%+ battery and you have enabled USB Debugging. If not, go to Settings–>About phone–>tap the build number 4-5 times and that will enable Developer Settings in case it is not present by default.
Follow: Settings–>Developer Options–> Tick USB Debugging.
How to Root Canvas 2 on 4.1.1 Jelly bean?
- Install the USB drivers if they are not already installed on your PC.
- Copy the SuperSU file in your device’s internal memory, don’t keep it in any folder just let it be there.
- Remove the battery from the device and while it is turned off, connect it to a computer via USB cable.
- Extract out the files of SP Flash tool, and double click on Flash_Tool.exe to open it.
- Click on the Scatter loading button and open up th SP Flash Tool folder and open Scatter file, and you will be able to see a file named “MT6577_Android_scatter_emc.txt”.
- This will then load up a region below and you will be able to see a lot of check boxes, un-check all other options except “Recovery”.
- Click on Recovery, and select the recovery image files which you downloaded above.
- Click on the download button, there will be a warning popped up but don’t worry about it.
- A Green ring will appear on the screen and congratulations, you have successfully installed recovery on your device.
- Now all you have to do is boot up into recovery by pressing Volume up+Volume down+power key at the same moment. Then select the recovery and mode and select Install ZIP from SD Card and then use the volume keys to scroll up and down and power key to confirm.
- Select the SuperSU.zip that you placed in your phone and then reboot your phone.
Also Check: How to Root Micromax Canvas 2 Running on Ice Cream Sandwich
And in this way you can successfully root your device, if you still have any queries just comment down in the section below.