Micromax is one of the top Indian Brands which offer cheap budget-ranged Android devices with good specifications even at a lower price. One such device that was launched by Micromax is the Micromax Android One or Micromax Canvas A1.
The device is powered by a MediaTek MT6582 Quad-core 1.3Ghz processor bundled with 1 GB of RAM. It has a 4.5 inches IPS LCD Display with a rear camera of 5-MegaPixel and a secondary camera of 2-Megapixel. The device was initially priced at 6000INR but it is available for a much cheaper price at different online stores.
The device is pre-loaded with Android 4.4.4 KitKat, but was recently upgraded to Android 5.1 Lollipop. Being another Android Gadget, the Micromax Canvas A1 is capable of rooting and further user customization. Rooting is a basic process of gaining administrative powers which is required by specially written apps which take advantage of those powers and do the magic of customization. Rooting your device won’t cause any kind of damage to it, but your warranty will be voided.
You can regain your warranty by flashing the Stock-ROM anytime and your device will be as you got in your first boot. So let’s proceed on how to root your Canvas A1 running Android 5.1.
1) Micromax Canvas A1 running Android 5.1.
2) Windows Desktop/Laptop with Internet Connection.
3) You will need to download the following file before proceeding ahead:
Download the Android One toolkit from here.
And ensure your device has at least 75% + Battery and you have enabled USB Debugging. To enable USB debugging go to settings–>Developer Options.
Guide to Root Canvas A1 Lollipop version
1) Installing .NET 4.0 in your PC: Download .NET 4.0 from here and install it on your PC.
2) After downloading and installing the Android one toolkit on your PC, click on Install drivers from Top right corner to install ADB Drivers for your phone.
2) Connect your device to your computer via USB Cable and make sure it shows in the toolkit that the device is connected.
3) Now click on root button to root your device and your Micromax Canvas A1 running Android 5.1 will be rooted.
NOTE: If you don’t have a computer with you then follow the steps below to root your Micromax Canvas A1 running Android 5.1.
1) Unlocked bootloader.
2) PhilZ Recovery installed.
3) Download SuperSU from here and place it in “sdcard0”.
4) Reboot into Philz Recovery and choose Install zip and then locate the zip file that you placed and install it.
5) Make sure you wipe cache and then reboot and your device will be rooted.
One last step left is to install BusyBox in your phone. Download it from playstore or the following link and Run the app and choose Install and Reboot