Micromax is a well known Indian Brand which is known for releasing good mid-ranged budget devices. One such device is Micromax Canvas 2 Colors. The device was initially bundled with Android 4.2.2 Jellybean, but was later on updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Micromax Canvas 2 Colors is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor operating on 1GB of RAM. The device features a 5 inch display with a pixel resolution of 1280×720 pixels.
The device comes with an 8-MegaPixel rear camera capable of HD video recording and a 2-MegaPixel front camera.
Also Check: Root Canvas 2 colours Jelly bean version
Being another Android gadget, the device is capable of being rooted. Rooting is a process of obtaining administrative powers which is further required by specially programmed apps as per to make the desired changes. Rooting doesn’t cause any kind of damage to your device, the warrant of your device will be void, but you can flash the Stock ROM any time and you will get your device as it was on the first boot. Let’s proceed towards the rooting tutorial-
1) A Micromax Canvas Colors 2 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
2) A Windows PC with proper power supply.
3) Before proceeding ahead you need to download the following goodies:-
Recovery: There are three available recovery for Canvas 2 Colors, among which CTR Recovery is most recommended, but you can also try others if you want to.
And Make Sure, your device has atleast 75% + Battery and you have enabled USB Debugging if not Go To Setting>About Phone>Tap the build number 4-5 Time and that will enable Developer Settings and now go to Developer settings and enable USB Debugging from there.
We should not be held responsible if you get your device hard bricked with our guide, follow it properly and root it successfully.
Rooting Guide for Micromax Canvas 2 Colours
1) Copy the SuperSU file in your phone’s SD Card and after that extract and install SP Tools on your computer.
2) Run SP Tools as administrator and after SP Tools opens up, you will be able to see a Scatter-loading option in it.
3) Click on it and you will be asked to choose the scatter file on your PC. Choose the Scatter file that you downloaded above.
4) Power off the device and then pull out the device’s battery, and while it’s turned off connect it to your computer via USB cable.
5)This will then load up a region below and you will be able to see a lot of checkboxes, uncheck all other options except “Recovery”.
6) Choose the recovery.img that you downloaded above and click on the download button and the process will start.
7) After the process will be completed, a green ring will show up which means the process has been completed successfully.
8) Now all you have to do is boot up into recovery by pressing Volume up+Volume down+power key at the same moment. Then select the recovery mode and in it install the file you placed earlier in your device’s SD Card and reboot.
And in this way you can successfully rooted your Micromax Canvas 2 Colors running 4.4.2 KitKat, if you still have any queries just comment down in the section below.