Reliance Jio is going to launch Jio 4G prepaid services on August 15, 2016 and currently they are offering the preview variant of the same. Officially it is available for all the LYF phones and few specified Samsung devices such as Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, Note5, Note 5 DS, Note 4, Note 4 Edge, A7 2016, A7 2015, A8, A5 2016 and A5 2015. Jio preview is allowing user to access unlimited 4G services for 3 months and apart from this they get unlimited call and SMS for the specified time.
Jio has also launched a couple of their application for the users such as Jio Play, Jio On Demand, Jio Beats, Jio Mags, Jio Xpress, Jio Chat, Jio Drive, Jio Join, Jio Money, Jio Security and of course the main app which is MyJio.
Although the availability is restricted to few phones only however due to a bug in the main application customers can avail this SIM for any of the 4G smartphones. As per the screenshot posted online by the customers, they are getting average speed of about 30-50mbps and the network coverage is also good as per the recent reviews.
UPDATE: Reliance JIO SIM is NOW available for all 4G phones. Visit Jio store and get the SIM. For more information, please visit the official site.
No doubt, we like freebies and this is a huge one. Unlimited 4G and the SIM is available at no cost. This is getting customers crazy and everyone is trying to get this offer.
So, being a 4G Micromax or YU user how you can ‘try’ to get a Reliance Jio SIM for you.
- Download MyJio App on your Micromax/Yu device from Play store.
- Once you install the same, open the app and you’ll see a list of applications there. You have to install all the listed application on your phone. The count of the apps might be 9-12.
- Once done, turn off your internet. And open MyJio App – Click on Get Jio SIM–>Turn On your internet.
- The page will display set of instructions about POBA (Proof of billing address), POID (Proof of ID), list of Jio centers, etc.
- Hit submit/Next and you’ll get an offer code for the same, now this offer code is going to help you in getting the SIM.
- Now, visit any Reliance Jio store and let them know the offer code, if they ask you about the device which they will then tell them that you have the specified Lyf or Samsung device.
Now step 6 is bit dicey, it may or may not get you the SIM. It depends on the sales channel if they insist you to show them your device. If they don’t then you can get the SIM definitely.
You need to have one passport size photograph, POID and POBA for JIO SIM, try calling the Jio store before visiting them to confirm. This is going to save your time.
If you have any questions then let us know via a comment below.