With the advent of latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow, companies like Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc are already coming up with the updates. Micromax which is popular Indian manufacturer and is giving touch competition to these companies still lags behind because it isn’t coming up with handsets operating on latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow version, though Canvas A1 for which Micromax collaborated with Google will be the only handset including Android OS V6.0 Marshmallow version.
But apart from Canvas A1, company is working on its other handsets as well so they can feature latest update.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow features:
The features of latest update are quite similar to that of Android 5.0 Lollipop. Google has not worked much on the display and while using the latest version one doesn’t feel the difference much.
But in the background major changes have occurred like:
New finger print sensor API that lets one unlock their phones without using those veteran crazy passwords (only allowed if the phone has finger print sensors)
Permission your way: let one customize the permission as in which app is needed to give access.
Saves battery: Avoid battery consumption with the help of features like Doze that put your phone automatically on the sleep state whenever it is on standby and app standby which limits the impact of standby app on the battery
Spot-on answers: There is a feature called “On Tap” when tapped provides the cards containing the information which is required at that time.
Connectivity: Comes with Bluetooth Low energy “BLE” which is more power efficient, Bluetooth SAP which allows one to make a call from their car phone using the phone’s SIM, portable WiFi hotspot supporting 5GHz frequency.
Flex Storage: It enables one to expand their external storage with the help of MicroSD card slot with greater ease and comfort
Device setup and Migration: To easily transfer the accounts and data from one device to other, during set-up IMAP which is a personal or corporate account can also be added, auto back up option for various apps
For more information, please visit this page.
Micromax Canvas A1:
As we have mentioned above Micromax only provide one handset which comes with the Marshmallow update and that is Micromax Canvas A1. Here is the list of specs which it offers:
- 4.5” FWVGA IPS Display delivering 480X854p screen resolution.
- 218ppi pixel density.
- 27.9% screen to body ratio.
- Android VS 5.1.1 Lollipop upgradable up to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- 1.3GHz Cortex A-7 quad-core processor.
- Mediatek MT6582 Chipset.
- Mali-400 MP2 GPU.
- 1GB internal RAM.
- 8GB ROM out of which only 5.50GB is available for apps and mass storage.
- External memory expandable up to 32GB.
- Sensors like G-sensors, proximity and light.
- 3.5mm ear jack and Micro USB as connectors.
- Connectivity options like WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot, Bluetooth V4.0, GPS with A-GPS etc.
- 1700mAh battery capacity promising talk time up to 6h and stand by time up to 160h.
- Available in black and white color.
- FM radio for entertainment purpose.
- Applications like SAAVAN, QUIKR, Snapdeal and M! Live.
Micromax Canvas Spark 2 Plus – Buy Now
- 5 inch FWVGA screen.
- Quad core MediaTek processor, 1GB RAM.
- 8GB ROM – 3.7GB available for mass storage and apps.
- 2000mAh battery.
- Android Marshmallow OS.
- 5MP rear with 2MP front camera.
- Single LED Flash at rear.
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light.
- Price: Rs. 3,999.
- More Details.
Other phones featuring Android v6.0 are listed below:
We will either be updating this list or be featuring a whole new post with the list of Micromax Phones with Marshmallow OS.