Micromax Canvas 2 , a phone which made Micromax a renounced brand. With the launch of various phones in the canvas range Micromax has become the top choice of Indian smartphone market . Today we will briefly discuss how to root canvas 2 smartphone . Before going further let me tell you the most important thing first – Rooting Voids Warranty . Once you root your device you can unroot it anytime .
Rooting has been a matter of question for everyone around here, specially a newbie in android world and here we before rooting our Canvas 2 clear some FAQs:
Why You Should Root Your Canvas 2 Device ?
Well take your phone as a treasure box and its locked, so pirates we need to extract the treasure? Rooting is the gateway, it removes all the restrictions in your device and gives you full access to all the system and allows you to edit/modify it!
- What about my warranty, I lost it eh?
Yes, you lost it , but the best part about canvas 2 is you can always flash the stock ROM completely factory made and get back your device like it was on first boot.
- I rooted, my device has nothing new.. just a SU app
Well, rooting alone won’t make your device a beast, the SU app is a permission granter and through that gate , specially written apps can access all your system and do some wonders, yes a lot of wonders!
So just rooting wont upgrade your android OS/ROM. For that you can find other articles here
- Will It damage my device?
No it will not if u have a lil common sense, Just know what you are doing . Rooting alone wont do any damage to your device!
Ok so now we move over to rooting this phone, you need some apps on your pc, a brain, your phone, data cable
Note : Make Sure your phone is fully charged or at least 70-80% charged .
Also Check : Micromax A110 CANVAS 2 Specification Review
Rooting Guide For Micromax Canvas 2
1.Download the root package to your PC from this link
2. Enable USB Debugging
Go to Settings – Slide down to the option ‘Development’ – USB Debugging (check the box) .
3. Now Connect your device in to the PC , do not turn on storage on the device ( a pop comes asking you to mount the SD, we do not need that now). Drivers will be installed automatically or use PDANET to install drivers . [PDANET LINK]
4. Restart Your PC and Connect the phone now, it will be detected in the PC now. Now change the USB mode to Media device (MYP) .
5. Now open up the file you have downloaded in first step , after extracting it in the pc click on RunMe.bat
6. A window will open up, CMD Terminal
7. Two options as you can see in the image above , choose option 1, hit 1 and Enter
The rooting process will start and it will take some time, couple of minutes or seconds. Phone will restart after the process is over so be patient and don’t be scared
8. After the process and after restart , you will see the root permission granter app , i.e SuperUser app (SU app)
This app will grant other apps root access.
*You have your rooted device .*
If you have any kind of doubt or query regarding the root process of this smartphone , just leave a comment below this post .