Micromax canvas 2 runs on android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system . Micromax recently released an OS update for canvas 2 i.e jelly bean for canvas 2 . Now the problem which is arising is – The update is not available via OTA (over the air) so Users need to take their phone to the service center for OS upgrade. We received many queries related to this OS update , people wanted to know how can they update canvas 2 OS from 4.0.4 to 4.1.1 manually . Below we have listed two methods through which you can get jelly bean 4.1.1 on your device .
Though it isn’t the latest jelly Bean update i.e 4.2.1 but still Official Jelly bean is now available for C2 . One thing i want to mention here is that soon 4.3 jelly bean will be available for few canvas smartphones like canvas HD , Canvas 4 , etc .
How to Update Micromax Canvas 2 from Stock ICS to Jellybean (without going to service center)
Before you move ahead read some FAQs related to this OS upgrade :
- Do You need a rooted device ?
Depends on the method you follow
- Will I lose my data?
Yes You will Lose all your data.
Also Check : How to Root Micromax A110 Canvas 2
As written above you will lose all your data , so it is advised to take backup of all of your personal data through backup apps like ‘SMSContactBackup’ , ‘Titanium Backup’ ,etc .
Method 1 : Flashing recovery through Mobile Uncle MTK Tools
- Download the Mobile Uncle MTK tools to your phone and install (link above)
- Download clockwork MOD recovery from this link . Rename the file to recovery.img and then put it in the root of your SD card.
- Select the option recovery update from here
- Now Choose The file “recovery.img” from the list and press OK when this pop up comes
- After it , hit on ok and the phone will reboot into recovery mode.
Now You have clockwork recovery mod in your device. Do take a backup of your existing ROM for safety (Backup and restore>Backup into storage) controls with volume button and power key!
Here’s a shot:
- FLASHING Jelly BEAN through Clockwork recovery
- Download the Jellybean CWM Zip from this link .
- Put into root of sdcard
- Boot into recovery (Pull battery>Power off your device and press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button simultaneously till the screen glows up again. Then, press Volume Up to go to recovery.)
- Wipe Data/Factory reset , wipe Cache
- AdvanceWipe Dalvick and Wipe Battery Stats
- Mounts and storage>Wipe System
- Install zip from Sdcard> choose the ZIP file downloaded
Now You have Jellybean (Pre rooted).
Flashing through STOCK Recovery
- 1. Download the official Jellybean file through this link and put it in the root of your SDcard.
- Now reboot to recovery (Power off your device and press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button simultaneously till the screen glows up again. Then, press Volume Up to go to recovery.)
- Choose “Apply update from sdcard” option and select the rom that you’d have transferred to your sd card .
Flashing Through SPTOOLS
- Download Official Jellybean and flash tools through this link .
- Drivers can be downloaded from here .Now follow these steps
- Install drivers
- Unrar all the files and put them in a folder
- Choose Flash tools from sptools folder
- Click on scatter loading>Now go to the Stock ROM folder which was extracted from the Zip file and then select the file named “MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc“
- After the file is loaded make sure every tab is selected and then click on Firmware Upgrade.
- Turn off your phone and pull a battery out. Hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button simultaneously and connect the device to your PC
- Flash tool will detect the device and the flashing process will start.
- After completion, a green ring will appear on your computer’s screen indicating that the upgrade was successful.
Thus these are different ways through which you can update canvas 2 to jelly bean 4.1.1 manually , so you don’t need to visit the service center for such thing . If you have any kind of doubt , just leave a comment below this post . We’ll answer to your query asap!